Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hello and Welcome!

I started this blog because I've been down a road many Moms have walked before me.  I've got a lot to say.  I've got friends who don't necessarily want to hear what I have to say.  But in almost 6 years of motherhood-- through ear infections, speech delays, early intervention, alternative vaccine schedules, tongue ties, hearing evaluations, speech therapy, eczema, asthma, and reflux... well, I've learned a lot.

Don't even get me started on sleeping.   We'll get to that in another post.

My hope is that this will be a place where I can freely discuss the things I want to chat about--  I realize I'm a little out there in terms of my parenting and beliefs.  I don't do any vaccines at birth or through the first 6 months of life.  I'm open to alternative therapies for my speech delayed daughter.  But, we have also gone the traditional route in some respects because she is on daily medication to control her asthma.  Additionally, I've long since reached the point where I do not care where anyone sleeps in my house, as long as they sleep.

As a Mom, my only hope is that my girls grow up to be healthy, happy and eventually... self-sufficient. Like most Moms I know, I'm doing the best job I know how. I also operate mostly from instinct and have made my parenting choices based on what feels "right" to me.

So, thanks for stopping by.  I would love to hear what kind of little bit crunchy or non-traditional ways you parent.  How have your friends reacted to this?  Have you lost friends over it? (I have). 

I leave you with my mantra...  Keep calm and carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment